Spike Island, the second largest natural harbour in the world, is situated on 104 acres of land in Cork Harbour, which can be accessed by ferry via Cobh, just 30 minutes from the Great National Commons Inn Hotel.
Explore around the historical monastery, fortress and prison with stunning views of the Cork Harbour at your own pace or take a guided tour.
The island caters for the following: Guided Tours | School Tours | Team Building
Be adventurous and visit Spike Island with your family, friends, groups or as individuals.
Prices For Ferry and Fort Experience
- Adult €18.00
- Child €10.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children) €45.00
Things To Note Before Arrival
- Regular ferry service is accessible from Cobh. See this web link. http://spikeislandferry.com/timetable/
- Pre-booking is required for tours.
- Car parking is free at St. Colman’s cathedral and Five Foot Way public car park. The main shopping area in the centre of Cobh is a disc display pay parking (maximum of 3 hours). Parking is not allowed on Kennedy Pier.
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- Visitors should allow three and a half hours for the full fort experience.
- No dogs are allowed. However, guide or assistance dogs are permitted.
Address: Spike Island, Cork County Council, Carrig House, Cobh, County Cork, Ireland.