Cork City Gaol
Cork City Gaol is one of the best tourist attractions in Cork, located on Convent Avenue, in Sunday’s Well, just 10 minutes from the Great National Commons Inn Hotel.
Discover some fascinating insights into day-to-day prison life from the pre-famine times, the birth of radio with Marconi, exhibitions and the opportunity to see one of the finest examples of Ireland’s architectural heritage.
The Cork City Gaol caters for the following: Guided Group Tours | School Tours | Evening Tours | Corporate | Weddings
Check out this magnificent Irish heritage with your family, friends, groups or as individuals.
- Gaol written tour in 11 different languages (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Irish, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish)
- Gaol audio tour (English, Irish, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish and Japanese)
- Gaol guided tour every 30 minutes July and August included in the admission price
- Coach/car parking, street parking
- Wheelchair access (phone and book in advance)
- Baby changing facilities
- Souvenir shop
- Picnic area, tourist information
- Open-top bus pick-up/set-down (March/October)
- Gatehouse Café (July/August)
Opening Times (360 Days A Year)
- October to March – 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- April to September – 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Closed from 21st December to 26th December inclusive
- Adults €10.00
- Student €8.50
- OAP €8.50
- Child €6.00
- Family (2 adults + up to 4 children) €30.00
- Audio Tour (English, Spanish, French, Irish, German, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Japanese) €2.00 extra
Address: Cork City Gaol, Convent Avenue, Sunday’s Well, Cork City, Ireland.
Phone: +353 (0) 21 4305022
Fax: +353 (0) 21 4307230
Book your family stay with us now at GN Commons Inn Hotel to receive free entry to Cork City Gaol.