Blarney Castle and Gardens
Built nearly 600 years ago by one of Ireland’s greatest chieftains, Cormac MacCarthy, Blarney Castle and Gardens is located in Blarney, just 10 minutes from the Great National Commons Inn Hotel.
Blarney Castle and Gardens is one of Ireland’s greatest gems and a world landmark attracting millions of people visiting this magical place. Climb the steps into the castle to kiss the world famous Blarney Stone and gain the gift of eloquence.
Explore the magnificent and mystical views of the gardens, consisting over 60 acres of parklands with features such as:
Poison Garden | Fern Garden & Ice House | Arboretums & Pinetum | Herbaceous Border | Bog Garden | Irish Garden
Other interesting things to see are as follows:
Badger’s Cave | The Court | The Dungeon | The Witch Stone | The Estate | Wishing Steps | Witch’s Kitchen | The Lake plus much more
Wander around the Rock Close, an enchanting and romantic nature spot that you must see with your loved ones. If you like to buy some gifts, souvenirs, garments and paintings, then drop into The Blarney Castle Shop.
Castle and Gardens Opening Times (All Year Round)
- January to February – 9:00am to 5:00pm (Last admission 4:00pm)
- March to April – 9:00am to 6:00pm (Last admission 5:30pm)
- May – 9:00am to 6:30pm (Last admission 6:00pm)
- June to August – 9:00am to 6:30pm (Last admission 6:30pm)
- September – 9:00am to 6:30pm (Last admission 5:30pm)
- October – 9:00am to 6:00pm (Last admission 5:30pm)
- November to December – 9:00am to 5:00pm (Last admission 4:00pm)
Sundays & Bank Holidays
- November to February – 9:00am to 5:00pm (Last admission 4:00pm)
- March to October – 9:00am to 5:00pm (Last admission 4:00pm)
Online Admission Rates
- Adults €12.50 (Normally €13.00)
- Students/Seniors (Over 60) €11.00
- Children (8-16 years, under 8’s free) €5.00
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) €31.00 (Normally €32.00)
Things To Note Before Arrival
- Times subject are to change due to bad weather or poor light.
- Closing times on a bank holiday Monday are the same as a Sunday.
- Car park operates at the same opening times.
- The Castle, Rock Close Gardens and Lakeland Walk are open all year except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Blarney House is open from 1st June – 31st August, 10:00am - 2:00pm Monday to Saturday.
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Address: Blarney Castle and Gardens, Blarney, Cork, Ireland.
Phone: +353 (0) 21 4385252